[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu 10.10

Ryan Hoots overlord at ryanhoots.com
Mon Jun 11 15:46:16 UTC 2012

I was recently thinking about Ubuntu's 2010 releases, specifically 10.10,
which has just reached its end of life. I liked 10.10 a lot, in fact it's
still in use on about %25 of my computers because I like it so much.
So, now that it's retired, I face a problem. Newer Ubuntu releases don't
work with my hardware very well, even my brand new laptop I just got
recently. But 10.10 is fine on it.
My idea is to unofficially continue Ubuntu 10.10's development as a new
Linux distribution, sort of like what MATE did with GNOME 2. In fact, MATE
might even be installed on this new distro by default.
So, I'd like to know, what's your opinion of this idea? Is it worthwhile,
or is it doomed to failure?
Thanks,
Ryan

--
www.ryanhoots.com

Sent to you on my Linux® laptop- where else would I risk logging in to
Gmail?