[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu-us-in Digest, Vol 44, Issue 2

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:36:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Charlie Luna <war.tribe.mc at gmail.com> wrote:
> what was happening was when my laptop finally got booted up, a window popped
> up asking me for my password before i could even use anything on the desktop
> or whatever. but it said "keyring access" on it and in the top left hand
> area of my screen above the ubuntu button. but i think what it was, was that
> when i had done a previous reinstall, i forgot to check mark the option to
> have the OS log me in automatically. i made sure i check marked that option
> when i reinstalled it again.

I'm not sure about how the keyring access stuff may have changed
between versions, but this might help:

> but, something else has been happening for
> quite some time now. my browser tends to resize itself to a smaller window
> and back to full size on its on. or so it seems that way. i don't know
> whether i'm hitting a certain combination of keys by accident to make it do
> that or not. i have turned off the mousepad so that i wouldn't make
> accidental inputs.

What about on the keyboard or anything like that? I've got big hands,
and have sometimes found keyboards where I accidentally hit keys I
don't mean to. On my current keyboard, there's a particularly
sensitive strip on the left-hand side that my pinky just seems to
unconsciously caress from time to time.

Does it do this when you're sitting across the room? Or just when
you're actually using the browser?

> i'm using chromium. so i don't know what's going on with
> that. i'd like to find out why my browser window resizes itself and back on
> its own like it does. any clues?

Very strange...

What kind of video card do you use? Drivers?

Just some thoughts.