[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu-us-in Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:33:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Scott D Howard <scottdhoward at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am really enjoying 11.04, better than any previous version. However the
> only issue I have is that my Dell laptop with a Broadcom wireless card is
> not working with 11.04. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

So the Broadcom isn't working? That's been one constant pain since I
started working with Linux. If something fails on a laptop, it's
usually the Broadcom.

I imagine you've tried plugging in on the wired interface, and
checking out the System -> Administration -> Additional Drivers
dialog?

I thought I heard that they're released information, or something, to
allow the creation of a working, open source driver,
recently...hopefully something comes of that.