[ubuntu-us-in] ethical hacking

DJ Gregory darrell.e.gregory at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:38:40 UTC 2011

Here is a certification that I would look into if you plan on opening a
business doing such a thing.

http://www.eccouncil.org/certification/licensed_penetration_tester.aspx

You will need to have several certifications and some good reputation
before a lot of major companies would hire out for this sort of thing.
I would consider doing some small business pro bono to build up a client
list and reputation as a person who knows what they are doing.  I have
thought about offering this as a service through my managed IT services
company, but it is a tricky sell.

Also, another facet to consider when doing something such as this is not
only to let them know where they are vulnerable but also how to fix
those vulnerabilities and providing insight on how you got in and what
you were able to compromise.  I think it is a valid use of 'ethical
hacking', so good luck if you do plan on going forwards with this.

Thanks,

DJ