[ubuntu-us-in] Fort Wayne LUG March meeting, Thursday March 18th, 7:00pm

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 20:20:58 GMT 2010

Hello, all

Bugs are nasty things, keeping our computers from working the way we'd
like them to, and the way we deal with bugs in the Free Software
community is one thing that sets us apart: we acknowledge our bugs
openly, and we work together to fix them.

Next Thursday, March 18th, 2010, at 7:00 pm, stop by Canterbury School
in Fort Wayne and join us for Bug Night, a LUG meeting dedicated to
the annoying little critters and how we relate to them. As usual,
directions and more description can be found at
<http://www.fortwaynelug.org>.

With a focus on the Ubuntu community and it's tool, Launchpad, we'll
be talking about how bugs get reported, tracked, and fixed, as well as
sharing some good strategies to use when dealing with them.

If you don't have a Launchpad account, getting one before the meeting
will let you follow along our conversation in a hands-on sort of way.
To create a launchpad account, visit https://login.launchpad.net/

If you're brand new to the world of bugs be sure to show up on time,
as we'll go through the most basic information first.

By the end of the evening everyone should have a better idea of how to
track and exterminate bugs.

In addition (and on the side), Rob and Vern can talk about some cool
things from PyCon in Atlanta, and Vern will be flogging copies of his
book (http://www.manning.com/ceder) for the low-low price of $20,
complete with signature.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Simón

P.S. I'm sending this out to both the Fort Wayne LUG list and the
Ubuntu Indiana list, as this Ubuntu-focused meeting put on by LoCo
members might attract some Ubuntu folks not on the FWLUG list.