[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu - Lost shortcut

Brian Fahrlander wheeldweller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 03:46:13 BST 2010

On 07/23/2010 09:13 PM, Paul Steltenpohl wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Well I jumped onto the Ubuntu wagon 10.04 version a few weeks ago.
>
> Then I installed Dosbox and Wow.
>
> Then the next weekend I read up and installed VMware and double wow.
>
> I was pumped, but with hardly no one to share my experience with that
> could relate to what I was trying to explain.
>
> I don't know much about the terminal yet.
>
> I lost the shortcut for my VMware the same night that I installed it.
>
> It was there, then it was gone.
>
> Is it hard to get back?

    It shouldn't be; anything in the menu you can just drag-n-drop to
the desktop or panel. If not, right click on either and select "Add to
Panel" or "Custom Launcher" and do what comes natural.

> When I installed the VMware, I had used instructions somewhere from
> the net. That's how much I know about the terminal.
>
> Anyway I'm new here. Love Ubuntu and think a person can dive as deep
> as they want to learn from what I have seen. Glad to be here.

   I used to use VMWare, but they seemed to get complex, soon. It was
very capable, but I liked the ease-of-use of Sun's VirtualBox. You can
use both, or either. I *think* they're both free these days.  Enjoy!

  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                            and GlobalWarming(TM) heretic
  ICQ: 5119262                             AIM/Yahoo/Google: WheelDweller