[ubuntu-us-in] Nvidia 1366 x 768

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:22:59 BST 2010

Hello,

I wonder what you mean with Ubuntu working at that resolution "by
default". I think the question to ask is: using what video card? and
what drivers? connecting to what display device? Because each
combination of these will probably make available a different sent of
options.

I've got an ATI Technologies Inc RV770 [Radeon HD 4870], running ATI's
proprietary FGLRX drivers, plugged into an Acer 22" wide screen
monitor, and this 1366x768 resolution does not come up as an option
for me, either (and there are a *lot* of options). Neither does it
show up for me on a Dell laptop with an Intel video card (here, only
three options, 1024x768, 800x600, and 640x400).

So what combination of hardware/drivers works for you and what
combination doesn't?

As far as forcing a particular resolution, I don't doubt that it would
be possible, but I have little experience with that ever since X
became better automated.

Is this on, like, an HDTV or something? I've heard there are problems
with them and the standard EDID information they're supposed to
provide so computers can tell at what resolution they can be used.

Simón