[ubuntu-us-in] getting Jaunty... responsibly... locally..?

David Ernst david.ernst at davidernst.net
Thu Apr 23 14:43:11 BST 2009

Thanks to both of you Michaels for your advice and suggesting
bit-torrent.  I'd never used it, it's amazingly easy, no setup, wow.
I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I associate bit-torrent with
things like downloading movies illegally, so although I know this
usage is perfectly legal, I still figured there'd ... be... something
not to like about it.  But, I loved it.  I even let 700M of the file
be uploaded from my computer as my way of saying "thanks".  :)

anyway, disc burned, installation just completed, here I go!  :)

thanks again,

david