[ubuntu-us-in] Printer/Scanner issue

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:52:30 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Donald Claflin <d.claflin.07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I cant agree more, I've been using Linux Mint awhile now and switched
> to Ubuntu 9.04 to see what was new and im not going back.  It just
> plain kicks ass!  I am very impressed with this release.  It feels
> very smooth and fast.  I have been showing it off to a co-worker of
> mine and to test it we plugged an air card in to see if it would
> detect and use it easily.  Even i was amazed when the setup window
> popped up!  It was running and online in seconds!  I did the same
> thing with the same card in winblows and it took probably 5 minutes to
> get the damn thing going.  I love Ubuntu Linux.

Right on. I'm glad to hear it.

I haven't been much of a beta tester, so I'll play with it for real
for the first time tomorrow.

Re: Intel regression, it says they were having the issues in Intrepid
and that most of them are fixed in Jaunty.

I have a laptop that's worked flawlessly out of the box since Gutsy or
so that uses onboard Intel graphics, and I did not notice a
performance hit in Intrepid.

Simón