[ubuntu-us-in] Printer/Scanner issue

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:38:31 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:06 AM, DJ Gregory <darrell.e.gregory at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I've just upgraded from Window's Vista to Ubuntu 8.10 on my main desk top.
> Connect to said computer is an Epson All-One-Printer.  Now, I can get it to
> print just fine, but how do I go about getting the scanner portion of it
> working.  I've got a couple scanning utilities, and they all say no scanner
> device recognized.  Any advice would be awesome.  thanks!!!
>
> DJ

DJ,

Congrats on the upgrade.

Unfortunately for you, my experience with an "All-In-One" style
printer was with an HP Photosmart C7280 on Intrepid and it was
*amazingly easy* through USB as well as wired and wirelessly
networked.

However, I can say the one thing I'd try first in your shoes would be
to google "your_printer_model_number ubuntu" and see what other
peoples' experience of using that printer on ubuntu have been. If
there's a way to get it to work, someone out there has probably done
it and written about it.

Best of luck!

Simón