[ubuntu-us-in] Fwd: Intrepid Release Parties!

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:11:41 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Seth Dudenhofer <sdudenhofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have we hammered out any solid plans for this? Also have we had an IRC
> meeting recently?

No, we haven't.

November 1st has been suggested as a good date, and I tend to agree.
Any objections?

My first thought as to time is 6:00 or 7:00. 8:10 is a little late to
start eating dinner, IMHO, but we can have a toast at 8:10. Any
objections/refinements?

Indy people: Where's a good restaurant? Family friendly that also
serves beer, big enough to handle our group, tasty, and on the less
than expensive end of things are the preferences I have.

Speaking of group size: our last party had a couple dozen people show
up over the course of the day, maybe a dozen at a time (based on a
quick scan of my memories). It may be good to have a poll to see who
plans on coming after we get a specific date/time/place ironed out so
we have some idea of size to give the restaurant a heads up.

And someone please remind me to post information over on the forums. I
know there are more than a few people who use our forums and not the
mailing list, but I often forget to announce stuff over there because
I'm primarily a mailing list type of guy. :-(

Simón

P.S. Re: IRC, I've been REALLY bad about showing up to those for the
past few months. I see now there should have been a meeting last night
that I completely forgot...again. :-(