[ubuntu-us-in] (no subject)

David Ernst david.ernst at davidernst.net
Mon May 5 13:35:56 BST 2008

Same idea, but should be much faster in most cases:

locate -r '\.mp3$' > ~/Desktop/mp3list.txt

If it returns an error, you probably need to run updatedb, which will
do basically what Rob described below (and take a while).  locate
basically caches the result of the search so that it works much
faster.

David