[ubuntu-us-in] TriLoCo-Midwest

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:39:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Rob Ludwick <rob at rcludw.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I had an idea I wanted to bounce off the group.
>
>  There's been a lot of talk about Indiana LinuxFest and generally there's
>  been a lot of interest, but not much has materialized.

I'd say there's only been a little talk, which is what needs to change
for the materialization bit to come to fruition. ;-)

>  I was thinking that maybe we should start small.  Say, for instance, it
>  was a barbecue.  We could invite the local groups for a Saturday
>  afternoon and get to know each other.

That's an excellent idea on how to begin.

We could invite all the different Linux-related groups in Indiana (as
well as anyone who's signed up to the ilf-info list) to our Hardy
Release Party, which it has been suggested we do outdoors, weather
permitting (or a separate event, I suppose, if we want to keep the
Hardy Release Party purely Ubuntu).

We can have fun, enjoy some good food, celebrate the dawning of the
age of Hardy, and get the dialog started on ILF.

>  We could call it, "FREE BEER" -- a cause to which I would happily
>  donate.

I would be happy to help underwrite such a worthy cause as well, along
with free food and non-alcoholics beverages. :-)

>  --R

--S