[ubuntu-us-in] higher education

Miles Z Sterrett miles.sterrett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:41:13 GMT 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen -
  It's cool to hear that other people have had good experiences with
my employer.  I've only been there for 7 months or so, but it's easily
the best place I've ever worked.

  The "I'm just a programmer" line was sort of joke.  At work, the
'Managed Services' guys are the 'real heroes' (especially if you ask
them, haha);  They are the experts, the people who swoop in and fix
customers' problems, etc.  I'm one of 2 programmers.  We hide in our
dark little office for hours on end and people forget we're there.
So, I'm just a programmer.  (Note that I should probably not "say
things out loud" that are only funny to myself.)

  I think Mr. Howard started one of the most popular threads I've ever
seen through this mailing list!  Very cool.

MilesZS