[ubuntu-us-in] Another Reason to love Open Source

Keith Karnafel keith at karnafel.com
Fri Jan 18 22:59:05 GMT 2008

I agree with you Carl. My wife was using Ubuntu for a couple of months. She
bough a new laptop for me but I ended up giving it to her so she could run
MS Money without going into VMware server and I wasn't sure I could get the
fingerprint reader going. Now it seems that daily she has some issue with
performance of the computer/ software related issue. It's funny how Vista is
much less user friendly than XP. Why is this computer so slow she asks, is
it not as good as the other one. No it has a more powerful processor and
more memory; it's just that it's running Vista. Time to show her dual
booting I guess, and that of course will require a call to India, MS, to get
it working again since that will make Vista will think it's on a different
computer. Oh well.

- Keith