[ubuntu-us-in] ISO to usb stick.

Rob Ludwick rob at rcludw.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 17 05:24:22 GMT 2008

You know it would be cool if the SYSLINUX boot loader could boot into an
ISOLINUX bootable ISO File on a VFAT filesystem.

It would just need to get the kernel and the initial ramdisk from within
the ISO Image.  The initial ramdisk could mount the VFAT filesystem,
loopback mount the ISO, and pivotroot() into the Live ISO image.

One could put different ISO images on a USBstick and multi boot them, as
long as the initial ramdisk knows how to properly mount root.....

--R