[ubuntu-us-in] We're approved!

Jason Corfman computers at corfyscorner.com
Tue Feb 26 19:59:52 GMT 2008

Michael Schultheiss wrote:
>> I apologize for my questions sounding a bit negative "on paper". I don't
>> mean them to be. I'm just trying to think ahead about what the next step
>> might be.
>>

> I don't see them as negative - they're valid questions :)

I've learned the hard way that sometimes how I ask a question in an
email or forum can be misinterpreted by the reader, and the last thing I
wanted to happen was for me to come off as saying something like "Why
did we bother wasting our time with this?" I don't want to sound that
way, and I certainly don't feel that way, but I can see how some might
misinterpret it that way.

Sarcasm can be very hard to type and and portray correctly in writing,
and I have had problems both ways... with sarcastic comments taken
seriously, and serious comments taken sarcastically. And if you take my
questions with a sarcastic edge to them, then yes, they can sound
negative, but I didn't want them to be sarcastic.

And sometimes, I type without thinking of possible consequences, and
other times, I type while thinking too much of the possible
consequences. This is probably one of those times when I am over-aware.

Anyway, thanks for your answer. I appreciate it. And thanks too for not
misinterpreting my questions.

Corfy