[ubuntu-us-in] Thoughts on linux class

Jonathan Warner jonwarner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:56:59 GMT 2008

Basic/advanced covers a lot of ground. I would pick a focus such as
"common tasks a user does" as your goal. From there you can make a
list of things like document creation, web browsing, email, where
files are stored, how the desktop works, etc.

Definitely include where to find help, because it's the community that
makes Linux great -- and as Jason noted, the names aren't necessarily
obvious, so knowing where to look to see how one does something is
key. If it's Ubuntu-specific, /definitely/ cover synaptic/add-remove
programs.

Just my take.

On Feb 18, 2008 7:43 PM, Adam Barrand <fickendichdu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Terminal and file system structure
>
> On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:15 PM, "Seth Dudenhofer" <sdudenhofer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hey all!
> >

> > So I have hit the forums asking for input, but I figured not
> > everyone checks there.
> >
> > So, I am going to be giving a basic/basic advanced linux class for
> > some of the techs that I work with. With the hope that as I gave
> > back to the community they will also in time. But I am going to be
> > covering a lot of information in a short amount of time.
> >
> > What kinds of things do you think should be included in this "class"
> > I am already thinking of some basic terminal commands, where to get
> > help, I will probably also include how to give back to the
> > community. Also after the class me and friend will be offering
> > install help, if wanted/needed.
> >
> > In the next couple days I will get my basic outline on both here and
> > the forum for input. But if you could let me know what you think
> > that would be great!!!
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Seth
>
> > --