[ubuntu-us-in] Announcement: packagedepends hosted.

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:29:53 BST 2008

Hey everyone, I just started hosting a little web-app I made for ubuntu
users, hopefully some people will find it useful.

It's for downloading a package and its related dependencies as a tarfile,
and can be viewed at http://packagedepends.homelinux.org

The code is at https://launchpad.net/pd - it's a very simple app, built on
cherrypy / jquery and is about 150 lines of python, along with a negligible
amount of css, html, and javascript.

I figured it would be more appropriate to announce that I'm hosting it here
(well, there is a link on the launchpad page...) seeing as it's being hosted
on my laptop in my house, and will probably slow to a crawl if a bunch of
people get on it at once.

Hopefully it will be helpful in those rare situations where you have one
machine that's net accessible, and another that's not, and need to do some
installation on the non-net-accessible one. This doesn't happen very often,
but when it does it's a pain.

I'm more than open to feedback / criticism and would like to hear any
opinions you may have.