[ubuntu-us-in] [vorian at ubuntu.com: [Ubuntu-US] Now What Do I Do?]

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 05:33:13 BST 2007

On 9/19/07, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at cinlug.org> wrote:
> Seth Dudenhofer wrote:
> > I would be willing to help with some wiki's. Maybe some of us getting
> > together at the Ohio Linux Fest can discuss this, and then add it to
> > our next monthly meeting. May be get a team to start helping in some
> > way.
>
> Thanks for volunteering.  Sounds like a good idea to discuss it at OLF.

Excellent! I got an e-mail from Steve as well suggesting that (I'm not
on the ubuntu-us list, myself).

Steve is one of the most active members of the Ohio LoCo, and he'll be
giving the talk "Ubuntu for Beginners" at the OLF. He goes by Vorian
on IRC and can sometimes be seen idling in our channel.

How about I invite him to join us at lunch if he doesn't have
alternate plans? He's already gone through the process of getting a
team approved, and we'll get the chance real soon to meet in person,
so IMHO he would be an excellent mentor.

Done! He's agreed to join us for lunch and help us out with that;
excellent! I'll copy him on this e-mail.

Incidentally, it is the USTeams project goal to get an approved LoCo
team in every U.S. state by the start of 2008. If you check out their
map, <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams/TeamList>, you'll see that it's
mostly a matter of getting those of us who haven't yet to go through
the approval process.

> > Oh, has anyone decided where we are meeting on Saturday?
>
> All I've heard is meeting for lunch.  I'll be in a black team T-shirt
> (http://www.cafepress.com/inloco for pics).

Thinking it through, I think we should meet in the Silicon Mechanics
room since that's where Steve will be finishing up his presentation
right before lunch.

My fiancée and I will be in navy blue (which, incidentally, turns out
to be almost the exact same color as the blue background on the logo,
as I was hoping).

I'll be wearing one of the white polo shirts to the Pre-Conference
Party at Barley's Brewing Company. (I expect to be a little
brain-fried from a day full of LPI cram sessions)

Hope this finds you all having a beautiful day! Looking forward to
seeing you all at the OLF!!!

Simón