[ubuntu-us-in] Notes from 2007-09-10 Indiana LoCo team meeting

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Wed Sep 12 01:01:27 BST 2007

The Indiana LoCo team [1] held its sixth monthly meeting in
#ubuntu-indiana on irc.freenode.net on 2007-09-10 at 8:00 PM EDT.  8
team members participated in the meeting.

Several LoCo team members are planning on attending the Ohio Linux
Fest[2] in Columbus, OH on Saturday, September 29, 2007.  Carpools and
in person meetups are being planned.  We're thinking of getting together
for lunch at the conference on Saturday.  Additional meetups are also
being considered by people who will be in Columbus longer.  Our team
logo was approved by the Ubuntu Trademark Committee and team merchandise
(T-shirts and a Polo shirt at the moment) are available from our
CafePress store [3].  Team members are encouraged to wear a team T-shirt
at Ohio Linux Fest to make meetups easier.

The next release of Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibbon, is scheduled to be released on
Thursday, October 18, 2007.  The Indiana LoCo team is planning a Release
Party for Saturday, October 20, 2007.  Our current plan is to have a
group dinner at a restaurant in Indianapolis.  The Claddagh Irish
Pub [4] was mentioned as a possible location.  The finalized location
will be decided on the mailing list or forums.  Stay tuned for updates!

We adjourned at ~9:00 PM EDT.  Further discussion is welcome on the
mailing list or forums.

If you're interested, a log [5] of the meeting is available.  The actual
meeting is at the top of the log.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the IndianaLoCo team meeting.
We're off to a great start!  See you online!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianaTeam
[2] http://www.ohiolinux.org
[3] http://www.cafepress.com/inloco
[4] http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/