[ubuntu-us-in] Fwd: Gutsy Release Parties

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:39:40 BST 2007

Welcome aboard, Keith!

I think it would be neat to have some sort of gathering.

However, it does take a little bit of preparation.

I don't think the release date would be a good idea, what with it
being a weekday, and some of us *ahem* working in schools. While
Indianapolis might be an ideal location based on more than just "it's
the State Capital", it still takes some of a couple of hours or more
to get anywhere in Indy, one way. Perhaps the next weekend might be a
better date.

An informal team gathering, perhaps for lunch or dinner, would be
easier to organize than an InstallFest. But, then, an InstallFest
(assuming we can attract an audience beyond our team) would do more
towards fixing bug #1*, our ultimate goal.

Just some thoughts.

Simón

 * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1