[ubuntu-us-in] Gutsy Release Party

Simón Ruiz simon.a.ruiz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 06:17:58 BST 2007

Hello!

This is intended for those of you on other lists who don't already
know, but I'm copying the LoCo list as well.

I just wanted to let you all know that the Ubuntu Indiana Local
Community Team will be getting together this coming Saturday, 20th of
October at Claddagh Irish Pub in Indianapolis at 7:10pm to celebrate
the release of Ubunty 7.10, the Gutsy Gibbon.

For those that haven't played with it, the Gutsy Gibbon is a big
monkey jump forward on several fronts including Compiz Fusion by
default where possible, automatic printer setup, and setting up
Broadcom wireless with the simple checking of a box.

It's a leap ahead with a courageous stance on features that had been
judged too gutsy before now. They're solid enough to make it to prime
time now, and they've got the chance to hardy up in time for the
upcoming Long Term Release, Ubuntu 8.04, the Hardy Heron.

You are all invited to join us at Claddagh in Indy to celebrate!

Simón

P.S. As a blatant bribe, I'll be passing out some shiny, metal