[ubuntu-us-in] Notes from 2007-10-08 Indiana LoCo team meeting

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Wed Oct 10 22:15:00 BST 2007

The Indiana LoCo team [1] held its seventh monthly meeting in
#ubuntu-indiana on irc.freenode.net on 2007-10-08 at 8:00 PM EDT.  7
team members participated in the meeting.

In celebration of the next release of Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibbon, on Thursday,
October 18, 2007 the Indiana LoCo team is planning a Release Party (read
dinner) for Saturday, October 20, 2007.  The team dinner is being held
at the Claddagh Irish Pub [2] at 3835 East 96th Street in Indianapolis
starting at 7:00 PM.  We hope to see you there!

We discussed becoming an Approved LoCo team.  Deciding on a roadmap and
putting together an application page [3] on the wiki is all we have left
to do.  Ana Greavu volunteered to write up a mission statement/roadmap
for us based on the discussion from the meeting.  She hopes to have
something ready by Friday, October 12, 2007.

Several LoCo team members attended the Ohio Linux Fest[4] in Columbus,
OH on Saturday, September 29, 2007.  Several us got together for lunch
(many of us wearing our team t-shirts [5]).  Stephen Stalcup (Vorian)
from the Ohio LoCo joined us for lunch and gave us advice on the LoCo
team approval process.

We adjourned at ~9:00 PM EDT.  Further discussion is welcome on the
mailing list or forums.

If you're interested, a log [6] of the meeting is available.  The actual
meeting is at the top of the log.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Indiana LoCo team meeting.
We're off to a great start!  See you online!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianaTeam
[2] http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianaTeam/ApprovalApplication
[4] http://www.ohiolinux.org