[ubuntu-us-in] Notes from 2007-08-13 Indiana LoCo team meeting

Pawsitive Results pawsitiveresults at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:13:57 BST 2007

Logo status:

After modifications were made, I revised the file one more time to add
the text as part of the logo image (it was a separate element in the
bookmarks file). Text in SVG's is happy only if the font used is
installed on the machine on which you're viewing the SVG--and I'm
using the ubuntu-title font, so although it looks right on my machine
at home, here at work it displays with a substitute font. (I'm rather
new to the whole SVG thing, so I'm still learning how it works.)

In any event, I can send someone the SVG (but you'll need that font
installed), or I can export the SVG into whatever "stable" graphics
format is required, at whatever resolution is needed (72 DPI for
on-screen stuff, 300 dpi minimum for print).

However, I am not willing to take on the "sending it in for approval"
task. Classes have just started up, so I'm settling into that. Plus,
although I'm taking this coming weekend off, I've got a demo the next
weekend, then I'm trialling the next three weekends in a row--out of
state for two of them. I know me--I'll not be in any shape to be
trusted to follow up on something like this during this next month, so
someone will a little less on their plate, travel-wise, should
probably handle it.

(I know...I know...all I'm doing is working two jobs, taking two
classes at Ivy Tech [web design, and C/C++/C#], teaching agility two
nights/week, and training my own two border collies for trials.
Clearly, I'm just being worthless and lazy, in not wanting to take on
another project right now.)

The trial the weekend of September 22 and 23rd will be Miss Xen's
agility debut. I'll be running her in a United Kennel Club trial in NW
Ohio. IF she stays connected, I'm confident that she can perform the
obstacles/course that will be set. If she's off in puppy "Oh cool! A
GRASSHOPPER!!!" mode, all bets are off.

So...any volunteers? What graphics format?

Ana