[ubuntu-us-in] Notes from 2007-08-13 Indiana LoCo team meeting

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Tue Aug 28 13:36:54 BST 2007

Evan Boggs wrote:
> The t-shirts sound cool.  Any idea what the price would be?

Probably about $15, although I've only priced white T-shirts - colored
might be more expensive.

> Also, won't we need to order them soon if we want them by the 29th?

cafepress.com only takes a few days (less than 5) to produce shirts as
far as I know.

> Is there anything else we need to do for logo approval?

I think we just need to have Ana come up with the final design in a high
resolution file and submit it for approval.  I imagine  the approval
will be the longest part of the process.

> I'm planning on going to OLF; I guess I'd better sign up and request
> time off from work!  Anyone else going and live close to Indy?  I'd
> love to carpool.  I'm about to shoot off a carpooling query to CINLUG,
> but I figured it would be worth a shot to ask around here, too.  I
> live on the NE side but would be glad to meet up anywhere around
> Indy--it's a hell of a lot shorter than driving all the way to Ohio!

I just responded to your CINLUG query:

http://lists.cinlug.org/pipermail/cinlug/2007-August/000126.html

> Oh, and for those who've gone before: any hotel and/or restaurant
> recommendations?  I'm but a poor student, so inexpensive is good!

I went in 2005 just for the day and plan on repeating that this time
too.  Indy to Columbus isn't a bad drive.

> There's an organisation here in Indianapolis called Virtual Scavengers
> that fixes up old computers and gives them to the needy.  I'll ask
> them if they'd be interested in a FOSS presentation.

CINLUG does a lot of work with them - I'd be happy to give a talk if
needed.