[ubuntu-us-in] Are we in gear for the LinuxFest?

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Tue Apr 3 16:02:08 BST 2007

________________________________

From: ubuntu-us-in-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com on behalf of Michael Schultheiss
Sent: Mon 4/2/2007 11:09 PM
To: ubuntu-us-in at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-us-in] Are we in gear for the LinuxFest?

Simon Ruiz wrote:
> Re: CDs. Done. I've got 50 Edgy x86 CDs burned and ready for labeling
> and enveloping. Do we want any PowerPC CDs, just in case?

I'd say no.

I'll not worry about it, then, I had no idea how many people actually use PPC computers (I don't think the standard PPC disk works on a PS3, anyhow, there's a HOWTO on psubuntu.com about how to install Edgy on a PS3, though. I think it involves Gentoo.)

> Re: Logo. what do people think? Overall, I prefer the use of the torch
> in the logo submitted by David on behalf of his friend, keeping in
> mind the few comments I gave before. I myself have had random logo
> ideas for, but been a little overwhelmed as far as finding the time to
> get them in a tangible form. Ideally there'd be plenty more time and
> plenty more submissions to work with, but in life things are not often
> ideal.

We don't have to make any permanent decisions - we can try out a logo
for LinuxFest and switch to another one later if need be.

That's true.

> Re: CD labels, flyers, anything else we might want to print up before
> Wednesday. I realize we're waiting for a logo decision before printing
> them off, but if you've been working on any of this, can you give use
> some idea of what you've accomplished and what you aim to accomplish
> before the LinuxFest?

I've got a bunch of blank labels and a label stamper tool - once we
decide on a logo and label design I can probably print them out (I need
to verify my ink jet printer works - I haven't used it in awhile).

Spiffiness!

> Re: The LinuxFest itself, so I can get an idea of numbers: Who all's
> actually going? *Raises hand*

I'll be there.

> I'll be bringing my camera to immortalize the moment.

Me too - please share the pictures :)

This sort of thing is my bag, baby. Flickr, baby, yeah!

...sorry, I have no idea where that came from. ;-)

> I hope this finds you all having a beautiful evening; enjoy the heat
> while it lasts, but remember what state you live in.

If you don't like the weather, wait till tomorrow ;)

Ditto if you like the weather :-)