[Ubuntu-us-id] Meeting 06/24/2013

Site Admin admin at ubuntuidaho.org
Mon Jun 24 23:07:37 UTC 2013

Hello all,

We will be having an Ubuntu Meeting this month, which we are calling
‘Desktop Candy.’ We’ll meet Tuesday evening from 6:30 to 8:00 at the
Open Lab Idaho. I refrained from a less PC name, but I bet someone
else out there is thinking it too. We’ll discuss the various ways to
customize your desktop including the evolution and applications of
Compiz. If time allows we will discuss Conky, though we don’t have a
current demo so if you’re running it please bring your machine to
share.

Our current group admins have run into some conflicts that have made
keeping the monthly meetings going difficult – you may have noticed.
We’re looking for someone to take over the role, so far no takers, so
it looks like we’ll have to go virtual again until we can fill the
vacancy. If you’re interested and/or available to take on a leadership
role, have some questions about it, or wish to ‘nominate’ someone for
the gig, please contact us at contact at ubuntuidaho.org. The forums,
wiki and G+ spaces will remain in place, so feel free to use them.