[Ubuntu-us-id] Ubuntu Global Jam 2013

rihanha rihanha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:10:25 UTC 2013

Ubuntu Global Jam 2013
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

This year the Idaho LoCo team will have a special meeting as part of this
global event, this coming *Saturday*, *March 2nd, 10:30-12* at the Open Lab
Idaho, next door to the Reuseum, 108 West 33rd Street Garden City, ID
83714. map<https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=reuseum&fb=1&gl=us&hq=reuseum&hnear=0x54aef172e947b49d:0x9a5b989b36679d9b,Boise,+ID&cid=0,0,3700450128887822794&ei=fXqfUKLnEMWUjALPvIDIBw&ved=0CJcBEPwSMAA>

10:30-11: Kids and Ubuntu

Short discussion on introducing Linux to kids. Will cover a few topics on
resources to help keep both the system and the kids safe, and some intro to
kid friendly distributions, educational apps and games. We’ll have a few
systems loaded up for demos - kids are welcome. To keep it light and quick
we’ll keep the conversation short but will be sure to have some additional
take home reading for parents/other interested adults.

*11-12: How anyone can contribute to the Ubuntu Community*

We'll be discussing the Ubuntu community in general, and sharing a large
variety of online resources including IRC, forums, newsletters/mailing
lists, interest groups/teams, documentation, artwork, translations, and
events/calendars. We will cover Launchpad accounts as a way to access, and
activate single sign on, for Ubuntu community resources. We will wrap up by
discussing the bug reporting process.

We will be posting the materials for these sessions on the wiki and the G+
site as well. Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions at
contact at ubuntuidaho.org.