Meetings

Jared Brees j8t8b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 03:28:21 GMT 2010

Speaking of meeting eyeball-eyeball, I just thought of something: though Skype would probably take up more bandwith than necessary, using a Mumble server might be an idea worth trying... It's a "low-latency, high quality" VoIP application. I've heard good things about it, but haven't ever tried it myself. Ubuntu 9.10's (apt-get install) repositories have version 1.1.8-3 available for "mumble" and "mumble-server", as well as "mumble-dbg" and "mumble-server-web", at least according to synaptic.

- Jared Brees / computer_freak_8