Ubuntu LoCo -- Upcoming Activities

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Sun Feb 6 01:33:13 UTC 2011

In an effort to breathe some life back into the LoCo, I'm trying to
organize some events for the group.

1) In case anyone has missed it, ALE, SourceFreedom.com, and ITT Tech
have cosponsored a Linux Freedom Fest, on February 19.  It'll be from
9-5 at the ITT Technical Institute located at:
    485 Oak Place
    Atlanta, GA 30349
    (Corner of Atlanta South Parkway and Oak Place.
    Once you get inside, follow the signs to the lab.)

Let me know off list if you want more information.  I'll be giving a
talk on Drupal and plugging the LoCo there.  I'll also have a variety of
discs.

2) I'd like to organize a Natty release party sometime in early May.  I
haven't decided on a location, but suggestions are more than welcome.
My current thoughts include the Marietta, Roswell, or Alpharetta areas.

3) I'm going to be talking with the Southeast Linux Fest organizers
about having a LoCo table at SELF.  Is anyone else interested in helping
to man the table?

In the next week or so, I hope to get some meaningful updates to the
LoCo site and wiki done.  Any input is more than welcome.

Thanks,
David