A LoCo Resolution?

Phillip Tarrant ptarrant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:44:56 GMT 2010

agreed, perhaps an IRC meeting would be better for those of us who can't
drive to hotlanta often.
or somewhere more central in the state. Personally I dislike the city due to
traffic...the 2-3 hour drive time isn't exactly a turn on either.

An Idea:
While I have never been to an "Installfest" (I have always be able to
install ubuntu fine)
Perhaps a "config fest" or "annoyance squash" should be something to think
about.
Many people can get ubuntu installed fine, but can't configure things to
their liking, or can't get that one program to do what they want and end up
leaving...or just dealing with it with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Many people are scared of the forums and trying to fix it themselves for
fear of "breaking it"
Not everyone has the geek-innate ability to properly form a search phrase
for google... :)

I have little doubt that Ubuntu (and modern distros) can take a larger
percentage of the market share and be all most users need (with the
exception of gaming...) but they don't know "how to do stuff" after its
installed.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:51 PM, David Tomaschik <david at tuxteam.com> wrote:

> Since it's a new year, and new years traditionally bring about resolutions,
> I'd like to see a resolution for the LoCo.  Be it an Installfest, a face to
> face, or whichever, we should strive to have some sort of activity at least
> once every 2 months.  This will provide strengthening to the community
> aspect of the LoCo, even if it doesn't benefit the technical side of things.
>
> --
> David Tomaschik, RHCE
> System Administrator/Developer
> http://tuxteam.com
> GPG: 0x6D428695

Thanks,
Phillip Tarrant

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE <<<
This electronic mail message, including any and/or all attachments, is for
the sole use
of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information,
pertaining to business conducted under the direction and supervision of
Phillip J Tarrant.
Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure or distribution of any
such information
contained within this electronic mail message and/or its attachment(s),
is(are) strictly
by replying
to this electronic mail message, along with the destruction of all copies
and
originals of the original electronic mail message (along with any
attachments).