new Koala grub info?

Andy Thornton andy.thornton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:33:49 GMT 2009

I had that with other installs of ubuntu, go through synaptic and search for
name linux and see if there are multiple kernels installed, you sometimes
have failsafe kernels in the install which show up on the menu, if there
are, clear them out and it will clean up the grub menu.

With the new Grub, the list file has been replaced with a *
/boot/grub/grub.cfg* file.. It gets overwritten regularly when a *
grub-update* is done. You can update */etc/default/grub.cfg* and then run a
*grup-update* to update the boot version of the file

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2 (Good article on the new setup)

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2>Hope this helps :-)

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Joshua Chase <joshua.d.chase at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can anyone help Paul out with this one?
> I'm a bit behind on using Karmic.. sad panda.

Andy Thornton
http://www.bohemianpixel.com/