My questions

Phillip Tarrant ptarrant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:35:00 GMT 2009

Eliott,
I'm sorry I keep forgetting most people are using wireless :)
You would most likely need the network manager for that then, kinda makes
those things easy.
I don't know much to do in that case other then what josh suggested.
Josh will be more help, as he knows more then I do anyway :)

I hope you get it solved and this doesn't tarnish your view on Ubuntu at
all, its a great system (btw, i played with vector linux awhile back also
and loved it)
Stick with it and I doubt you will be disappointed, and as you can see the
community will back you up when ever possible.

Thanks
Phil

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Eliott Turner <EliottTurner at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Phillip
>
> I hope I am not being to confusing. I am not connecting to the internet via
> my Ethernet card. I am using my wireless card. So when I login to Ubuntu my
> wlan0 is down. I can do ifconfig wlan0 up to turn it on. But I do not get
> the the nice pull down menu to select my wireless access point.
>
> eliott

Thanks,
Phillip Tarrant

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE <<<
This electronic mail message, including any and/or all attachments, is for
the sole use
of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information,
pertaining to business conducted under the direction and supervision of
Phillip J Tarrant.
Unauthorized interception, review, use, disclosure or distribution of any
such information
contained within this electronic mail message and/or its attachment(s),
is(are) strictly
by replying
to this electronic mail message, along with the destruction of all copies
and
originals of the original electronic mail message (along with any
attachments).