My questions

Eliott Turner EliottTurner at HotMail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:11:29 GMT 2009

While working with the synaptic manager, I MANAGED to uninstalled the network manager. Now I am unable to connect to the internet.

Is there some way I can re-install the network manager without connecting to the internet?

Can I download the network manager and then install it? I can still connect to internet using Vista and Vector Linux.

Has anyone been able to connect to the internet using the terminal? I always get "persistent data base is sleeping."

And finally if re-installation is the only option, can anyone comment Ubuntu 9.04? I have a beta copy that I am interested in looking.

And thanks for everyone's help in advance

eliott