What kind of graphics card?

Mark Huguet markhuguet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:46:38 BST 2008

What release of Ubuntu are you running?
Some computers (my laptop included) have a problem with the hard disk
being detected at IDE33 instead of IDE133 speed and makes them run
impossibly slow on 8.04.
I was able to overcome it by reinstalling 7.10 and upgrading rather
than a fresh install of 8.04, but I have been told that others had to
take more complex action to solve the same problem.

Mark