Automatix

Bill N billisnice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:11:35 BST 2007

I get an error msg when i open synaptic after adding the deb link and
it closes without giving me an opportunity to see it.

E: Malformed line 56 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I may have to reinstall to fix it...again..lol

On 10/23/07, Nick Ali <nali at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> > > On 10/23/07, *Paul Cartwright* <ubuntu at pcartwright.com
> > > <mailto:ubuntu at pcartwright.com>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     On Tue October 23 2007 6:10 pm, Nick Ali wrote:
> > >      > Add the commerical repo to synaptic. Looking in the repo
> > >      > (http://archive.canonical.com/pool/main/r/realplay/
> > >     <http://archive.canonical.com/pool/main/r/realplay/>), its there.
> > >
> > >     I have tried to add it, but I can't seem to get the syntax correct...
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu#head-b75a0c6c7e357640731529980d3f3ad3614b9a76
>
> And use "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ gutsy partner" instead of
> the " deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu feisty-commercial main"
> that is listed on the wiki. Or just add it by hand to
> /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> This was mentioned in the release notes:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/710.
>
> The problem with just downloading the package and installing it is
> that you will never be notified about upgrades. Add the repo and
> install it that way.
>
> nick
>
> --
> http://boredandblogging.com