[ale] Ubuntu Georgia LoCo upcoming events

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Oct 21 04:08:34 BST 2007

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Bill N wrote:
>> I loaded the codex after totem launched and asked when i put a DVD
>> movie in my dvd player, an ASUS DRW-1814BLT.  But, it says it still
>> could not play the movie due to codex. Is there another program to
>> view DVD movies with that has better codex stuff?
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/PlayingDVDs
>
> I hope that link helps. Unfortunately this is more complicated than it
> should be; see http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6025.
>
> -Brian

Oh, and there's a screencast too, although I do question the usefulness
of a video on how to watch videos. ;)

This screencast comprehensively details how to play media (movies and
DVDs) in Ubuntu. In this screencast we cover:-

     * Playing DVDs
     * Adding codecs automatically
     * Playing video embedded in a browser
     * Installing Flash Player plugin