Ga LoCo F2F meeting

Bill N billisnice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:51:04 BST 2007

Here is the end of my code after i typer ./configure and them make.

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... no
configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"
bn at bn-desktop:~/hplip-2.7.9$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
bn at bn-desktop:~/hplip-2.7.9$

Not sure of the problem....

Thanks

On 10/8/07, Joshua Chase <joshua.d.chase at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill, we can definitely do that.
> Typically when you install any application from source, you first have to
> configure the source before doing a make / make install. So If I downloaded
> a tarball, tha tI wanted to install, I would do the following
>

> josh.tar.gz   > just downloaded to "desktop"
>
> $tar -zxvf josh.tar.gz
>
> $cd josh
>
> $./configure
>
> $make
>
> $make install
>
> Definitely though we can cover that at the meeting and maybe install it.
>
> Josh
>
> On 10/8/07, Bill N <billisnice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wonder if someone can show me at the meeting how to unzip a tar file and
> > install the file. Everytime i get to make and type make in it does not
> > make...
> >
> > On 10/7/07, Jon Reagan < jreagan1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The next Georgia LoCo face-to-face meeting will be held on Saturday,
> > > the 13,
> > > at 1:30pm.  The location is Taco Mac at  1211 Ashford Crossing,
> > > Atlanta, Ga.
> > > 30346.
> > >
> > > Please let Joshua Chase know if you are going to make it.  You can
> > > email him
> > > at joshua.d.chase at gmail.com.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Jon