InstallFest

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 6 14:58:55 GMT 2007

On 11/05/2007 Jon Reagan wrote:
> I am going to order Polo shirts for our team at the InstallFest

When and where is the Installfest?

When it first occurred to to me ask about this, my thought was simply
that I'd like to attend just to see what's going on. In composing the
message, however, it occurred to me that I might well want to bring my
machine and get help with a completely new installation.

Currently, I have both Ubuntu and Kubuntu installed, and my Kubuntu
installation has gotten screwed up somehow -- e.g., the panel extends
only about half-way across the width of the screen. Doing a complete
uninstall of the desktop with guidance from the Ubuntu beginners forum
has not fixed the problem. My thought is simply to start over, and maybe
to go with just Kubuntu.

Could I get help with this at the Installfest? No big deal if not, but I
thought I'd check.

Regards,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA