[ubuntu-florida] eVilution

Iconic Knights iconic255 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 22:23:33 UTC 2012

Hello, first off I want to introduce myself.
I am Nicholas Rivera, a 17 year old living in Orlando, FL
I understand basics and some professional things about Windows & Ubuntu or computers overall.
Also my father worked for Oracle, so I know somewhat about Oracle Databases.

I recently joined the Florida LoCo Team for 2 purposes.
Meeting New People Who Share My Hobbies As Much As I Do And Receive Knowledge From Them
Represent My Creation and Search For A Dedicated Development Team Who Can Help Me In Completing It

With that said I will now begin why I am mailing everyone.

My project that I currently plan on creating here within the next 2 years is called eVilution, I presented it to Chris (who by the way is a very helping informative person and very nice) and he said well..we won't deny you the right to want to share it, basically he welcomed the project with open arms and now I feel as if I can share it with everyone.

The eVilution or "eVi" for short is basically the same type of system as the OUYA, BUT with that being said I plan on using an Ubuntu OS versus the Android OS the OUYA uses. I want to also add a lot more features into my console that tie into the specs, design, controller, add-on's, modifications, etc. and really just give people something they can call their own creation. The eVi can provide people with the true sense of open sourced gaming and really use anything and everything provided by Ubuntu or even developers from the console team or the just all around the world that they can have inside their systems. I wouldn't hold restrictions being open sourced is as it states "Free Software" am I right?

Currently, I am looking for a development team and eventually once things get on track, a testing team to play around with the prototypes.

Now, some might ask..How are you just going to throw this out there?

Well, I have an LLC (Limited Liability Company) in mind which I would like to call eVidence, simple, clean, and somewhat interesting name.
This will only serve as a temporary thing so we can distribute the product under something that's on solid grounds, also in the near future I would like to see more projects come from abroad and be distributed through us.

One major thing that I want to do if this completes itself, is really give other people the chance to use their ideas to a maximum and we help them do just that.
Basically, it's a sense of me wanting to give someone the same motivation I had, might be hard at first but look at it now.

I only hope some of you will look at this and really respond or even better contribute, for those who might have a single doubt in me I can guarantee I am fine with that because I understand the position I am in being most of you have worked with computers all your lives.

Hope to get some responses and help in this project.
To the future team of eVilution I hope to meet you all one day.

Thank You,
Nicholas Rivera

P.S. If you are in the Orlando area, I have posted an Ubuntu Hour which you can view on the team portal.