[ubuntu-florida] Software Freedom Day Celebrations in PBC and Broward... and the Ubuntu Hour

Chris Crisafulli itnet7 at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 15 02:19:38 BST 2010

Team,

Yesterday evening on our Florida Team list we received an invitation to
join and help celebrate Software Freedom Day 2010 with a couple of Linux
groups, here are the details:

The Palm Beach Event is located here: http://tinyurl.com/33774vn It's
about one hour North East of the Library where the Ubuntu Hour is
scheduled to take place. This seems like a very well organized event.
The Schedule for the Palm Beach Venue is: 11 am - 4 pm. The PBCLUG (Palm
Beach County Linux Users Group) is participating in this event, and it
will be held at FAU Boca Raton Campus.

The Broward County Event is located here: http://tinyurl.com/2859tru It
too is just over 1/2 an hour from the library, also in a North East
Direction. The FLUX Group will be running a booth and possibly help with
installs at the Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information
Technology Center located on Nova Universities Campus. I was unable to
get a confirmation of the scheduled time of this event.

*** One thing to remember, More than likely at either venue, you will
have to pay for parking on campus.

So here are my thoughts. I am planning to come down to Miami either way
for the Ubuntu Hour (as long as we're still a go for that) and hopefully
dinner afterward. I am also planning to attend one of the SWFD 2010
events. Anyone interested in meeting up at one of them? I think it may
be more convenient for most to go to the Broward County Event, even
though I was leaning towards Palm Beach myself.

I have added a Poll on http://www.ubuntu-fl.org on the right side bar to
help us narrow down which event would be preferred.

So any interest?

Thanks for your time,

Chris Crisafulli
itnet7/#ubuntu-us-fl/irc.freenode.net