[ubuntu-florida] LoCo News from LoCo Team Contacts!

Chris Crisafulli itnet7 at ubuntu.com
Fri May 21 00:29:49 BST 2010

Team,

I just wanted to share the following with you so that you are aware of
some of the things that are going on with our community. I didn't
realize this, but it has come to my attention that I was supposed to
send out updates to the team when I receive them on the LoCo-Contacts
Maling List. With that being said I did forward the very important items
I thought were extremely relative to our members (also without realizing
I shoud have been).

1. NYS LoCo Community -- Belated Announcement

On November 16th, 2009 Charles Profitt was elected to serve a two year
term as 'president' (lead contact) of the New York State LoCo Team. If
you have any questions, helpful hints, etc about the NY State LoCo
please free to contact him.

2. LoCo Items for Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

UWN is looking for contributors, If you feel that you have done
something with the LoCo that would interest other teams, would like to
share it with the rest of the Community you can make submissions, you
can take advantage of the tips below:

2) Add suggestions to the IDEAS wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas

3) #ubuntu-news IRC Channel - you can post your suggestion there

Please include the following:

1) Title of the Post/Article
2) Link to the Article
3) Please make sure the Post/Article is within the week that is being
reported on
4) Summary of Article (optional but very helpful)

By submitting these articles, new Loco's can find ideas, and established
Loco's would also benefit through the encouragement that comes from
sharing successful activities.

The Ubuntu Web Presence Team had a meeting in #ubuntu-meeting earlier
today to discuss the re-branding of ubuntu.com, They did not give any
dates or deadlines, although they do seem to have a time line, for more
information or how you can help or get involved. please use the
following inks to learn more about what's going on and how you can help
if you would like to!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/NewBrandLaunchMeeting

Thanks for your time!!