[ubuntu-florida] Florida Team Contact Information

Chris Crisafulli itnet7 at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 14 00:17:27 BST 2010

Team,

Wanted to share with you some items that are directly from the LoCo
Contacts Mailing List!

1. http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2094

There was an anouncement on the Fridge that "The Official Ubuntu Book by
Mako, Matthew Helmke and Corey Burger, and the brand new Official Ubuntu
Server Book by our friend and yours, Kyle Rankin and Mako" were actually
going to be sent to the Team Contacts. I have received the books this
morning by UPS. What was cool was I didn't really even have to make a
formal request, they just came!
This was kind of cool for us, because they were only given out to
Approved Teams, Maybe at the meeting we can discuss how we can share the
books, if anyone is so inclined. I have bought a copy of the deskptop
book from B&N as it was 20% off upon release, and I wanted them to get
the message that this book can and will sell!!!

2. Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts -

With the Global Jam coming up soon, 27th - 29th August to be exact.
If you are planning to have an event in a location near you please
update the LoCo Directory with your event.

If you want some logo's and banners to put on your blog, please check
out the following links;

The Ubuntu Global Jam badge with Ubuntu logo:
http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/hu/node/460
The Ubuntu Global Jam badge with Global Jam logo:
http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/hu/node/461
The standalone Ubuntu Global Jam logo:
http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/hu/material/unusual/ubuntu-global-jam-logo

We have a meeting scheduled for Tuesday, the 17th in IRC. If you are
planning to have an event, and would like to get some advice or invite
others from the channel stop by!

3. The LoCo Council had a meeting on August 3rd. Here are some links and
the next meeting is on the 17 (sounds familiar :-)).

The LoCo Council had a meeting on the 3rd August 2010. You can find
the complete log and the summary on the wiki page of the Meeting
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda/20100803).

The next meeting will be the 17th of August 2010 at 20:00 UTC on
#ubuntu-meeting, and the corresponding agenda is
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda. It would be great if many
people from different LoCOs attend it !

Thanks for your time!!!

Chris Crisafulli