[ubuntu-florida] Newbees

Richard Colavito racolavito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 01:29:14 BST 2009

I like to read what everyone is saying even if I understand little. I
got Ubuntu only a couple of months ago.What I would like to see is
classes for newbees. I can find no one here in Palatka that even wants
to show a newbee anything about Linux. I know there are some who use
it. That must be a given, but finding them is another thing. I am 59
and medically retired. I enjoy the hobby of amateur radio. My main
problem with Linux is that I need hands on training. I have never been
good at reading something and understanding it. Once I am Shown and
understand the why's I can do it. Right now the thing I hate the most
is trying to install third party programs into Ubuntu. There are
several Ham radio programs I want to install but cannot.

--
Richard Colavito
Photographer/Videographer