[ubuntu-florida] Fwd: FW: Florida Free Culture presents Free Your PC - October 28-30

dan dantrevino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:11:36 GMT 2008

Forwarded message from Florida Free Culture below.  To those of you in and
around Gainesville, stop by, tell your friends, spread the word.  They'll
also be handing out Ubuntu CDs, courtesy of the Florida LoCo!

dan

Subject: Florida Free Culture presents Free Your PC - October 28-30

Hello all,

Florida Free Culture is hosting Free Your PC this upcoming
Tuesday-Thursday, October 28-30, from 10:00AM to 2:00PM at the
Reitz Union Colonnade. We'll be cleaning up computers and
installing McAfee anti-virus, Firefox, and several other free and
open source pieces of software like Open Office and the GIMP.

We're running advertisements on Facebook and in the Alligator, so
we're expecting a relatively large turnout. As such, we'll need
lots of help, especially on Wednesday and Thursday, which
generally tend to be busier than Tuesday. If you're at all free on
any of these days or can take an hour or two off from work, it
would be very nice to have your help. The process will be
streamlined, as we'll have CDs prepared that perform an install
script, but we'll provide whatever help you need to get you
started.

If you're interested in helping, it would be appreciated if you
could RSVP on our wiki so that we can know how many tech-gurus to
expect at any given time:
http://uf.freeculture.org/wiki/Free_Your_PC - if you have any
questions about the event, feel free to send me an email.

I'll look forward to meeting some of you at Free Your PC this
week!

Thanks,

Mark Sisley
President, Florida Free Culture