[ubuntu-florida] Call for assistance with an open-source project

ElementC wer4geeks at gmail.com
Mon May 26 15:49:29 BST 2008

I know you all haven't heard from me in a while and probably don't have the
time to assist myself and my friend, but we really need your assistance. I
am currently unable to use ubuntu at all due to some hardware problems
you've all heard me gripe about with HP. However, a project I have been
working on somewhat within my windows and colinux setups is getting to the
point that its about to hit 1.0 (bitfighter.net). The lead developer, Chris
Eykamp (chris at eykamp.com) would like to find a maintainer for an ubuntu .deb
package of this project, as well as several other bits and bytes in order to
clean up for his 1.0 release. You can find a full list at
http://bitfighter.net/contribute. We would both be very greatful if someone
would assist us in this endavor.

Fondest Regards,

-E/C

About Bitfighter:

Bitfighter is a free multi-player 2-D space combat game with Robotron-like
controls. It's a team-based strategy game featuring retro vector graphics
and customizable ships. It's fast, fun, and frenetic.

Bitfighter is designed for Windows, Linux, and OS X, and was based on the
GPL Zap! demo released by GarageGames as part of their OpenTNL network
library.

--
This document is released under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States license. (