[ubuntu-florida] Malicious Code / Malicious Website: Information stealing code disguised as "videos"

ElementC wer4geeks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:24:59 GMT 2008

This comes down to a simple breach of trust. If a user is stupid enough to
be downloading programs from an unknown, shady site (IE ones with many
banner ads, ads for 18+ sites, etc.)  WHILE ACCESSING PERSONAL EMAIL at a
government owned, government maintained workstation, especially one that you
click an "I agree" after scrolling through a large box, and are required to
fill out an "Internet Safety and Acceptable Use Agreement", perhaps they
shouldn't be using the vulnerable Windows workstations in the first place.

The fact that someone within the school board forwarded this to me, only a
student, speaks volumes about the IT security within local schools.

(I hope you list subscribers don't mind that I forwarded this to you; I
haven't seen too much traffic lately and CatsCEO and  thought this would be
a good insight into local affairs in our industry. The standard workstation
that is at risk is a winXP pro IBM core2 duo w/ 2 gigs RAM, 80 gigs HD, IE
7, Office 2003 Pro, Outlook 2007, and extremely locked down, logged, and
individualized user accounts on an AD Domain.)

Folks,

--
This document is released under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States license. (