[ubuntu-florida] wow! 4000 at the french ubuntu release party

Jimmy Harris harris.jimmy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:05:18 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM, dan <dantrevino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously we're a little early in the cycle at this point, but first we'll
> need to identify someone in Miami who can take the lead in organizing.
> We'll be meeting over the next couple of months to discuss the logistics.
>
> Dan
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Gabriel LLaurado <llauradog at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> First of, greetings from Miami. My name is Gabriel and I am 21 years old.
>>
>> Just wondering how this will work out on the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area?
>>
>> Regards.
>> -Gabriel
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM, chris_c <chris_c at mail.linuxsouls.com>wrote:
>>

>>> ElementC,
>>>

>>> We had about 4 guys in Orlando, some with families... and we all drove
>>>
>>> separately, with a little coordination you can head over with us next
>>> time
>>>
>>> if you'd like!
>>>

>>> Chris
>>>

>>> a.k.a. ITnet7 #ubuntu-us-fl

>>> I've

>>> semester

>>> help

>>> Miami,

>>> from

>>> I've

>>> more!

>>> and

>>> cycle,

>>> we

>>> Florida

Just so everybody is aware well in advance of the release there is a wiki
page with info about the parties.  The page is meant to be informative as
well as a place for anybody organizing and/or planning a party in their neck
of the woods to include party details.

Dan (aka dantalizing or bennylava) has already created a page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Projects/JauntyReleaseParties

Feel free to add info about parties you maybe organizing, planning or simply
attending.

We would like to see parties held in locations in addition to Orlando where
it has been central.  I will be adding details about the party in Orlando
very soon.

If you have any questions and/or concerns feel free to use the mailing list
or contact myself (pak33m) or (aka dantalizing or bennylava).

Jimmy