[ubuntu-florida] LinuxFest Southeast

Christopher Rohde christopher.rohde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 01:19:31 BST 2007

Hey Folks,

So for a couple weeks Nick (boredandblogging - Ubuntu Georgia), Jason (Crane
- Ubuntu Alabama) and I have been kicking around the idea
of organizing a LinuxFest Southeast (think LinuxFest Ohio
http://www.ohiolinux.org).

Well Wednesday July 11th at 8 pm we'll be having our first little baby,
preliminary meeting. As of now I'm guessing it will be in #ubuntu-florida,
but I can pass it on in case that changes.

I'm not gonna lie here, this is going to be a gigantic undertaking, but I
think in the long run it could be very very fun, and very helpful to the OSS
scene in Florida (where the first one will be held.. I think). Not to
mention, a little inter-loco cooperation could be very cool.

So anyone who even thinks they might be interested, please stop by the room
and lets get this gigantic ball rolling.

Chris (bordy)

--
Christopher Rohde
http://veritastic.net